• Physical exams and sports physicals
• First aid and triage when sent by school nurse for diagnosing, additional treatment, or needed prescriptions
• Diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions
• Health education for nutrition/fitness, physical, emotional, and social health
• Mental and behavioral health evaluations, treatment, and counseling
• Care provided by qualified health professionals
• Outreach to kids and their families with community-wide events and activities
• Oregon Health Plan enrollment
• Referrals to health and social service providers (in and out of school)
• And much more
SBHC staff cannot share student health information with school staff without specific permission. We can ask for permission and get written consent to share information if appropriate. This can be helpful in making sure all the students’ needs are being met, through many different supports.
School district employees, including school nurses, cannot share student’s information with anyone outside of the school district (under most circumstances), unless they have specific permission either. Schools may ask parents/guardians for permission so the SBHC can help student’s health and school needs as a team with the school and families.
Giving permission and signing up for the School-Based Health Center is not required but is a recommended service provided by Coast Community Health Center for students, staff, and families of the School District. The goal is to shorten time away from school and lower absences for students, staff, and parents. We encourage you to use the benefits of school-based care. Services are voluntary and available to School District Students, staff, and their families.