• An email address where you can receive messages about your HealthCare.gov account
• Your mailing address
• Birthdates for you and members of your household whom you’d like to enroll
• Social Security numbers (for those who have one) –or–
• Alien Resident numbers (for those who have one)
• Your gross household income (from pay stubs or W-2 forms)
• Information about health insurance available to you through an employer
You will not be asked about pre-existing medical conditions.
Download our mobile-friendly enrollment checklist:
Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance is a free, federally funded program available to those eligible for Medicare, their family members and caregivers.
The program for Coos and North Curry county residents is now managed by state staff. Trained volunteer counselors provide plain-language descriptions of Medicare benefits and discuss benefits available with private supplemental health insurance policies.
The open enrollment period for Medicare benefits is October through December each year. Adults who will celebrate their 65th birthday in the coming calendar year are eligible to sign up for Medicare insurance. Medicare is publicly funded health insurance for patients age 65 and older. You may qualify for Medicare if you are under 65 years of age and have a disability.
Call to request an appointment year round.
Step 1) Call 1-800-722-4134
Step 2) Hold the line to speak with a representative. (Do not enter your zip code.)